Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yoooo! Did You Hear?


Sunday Night at the MTV VMA's was a night of univited guest jumping on stage. First, Kanye West then at the last performance of the night, Lil Mama decided to jump on stage with Jay Z and Alicia Keys.
It wasn't planned and even Jay seemed a little shocked by it.

Jay-Z had gestured for her to chill, and joked she was "T-Paining too much," before he and Alicia Keys struck a pose to end their performance to which Lil Mama awkwardly stood in her b-girl stance beside them, as if it were scripted.

Since then, Lil Mama had apologized for her impromptu appearance.

"I did not mean any disrespect towards Jay-Z or Alicia Keys," the statement read. "I admire them and look up to them as role models. 'Empire State of Mind' had my emotions running high. In that moment I came up onstage to celebrate my two icons singing about NY."

No comments: