Monday, September 21, 2009

Drake's Copyright Issues With Kia Shine Over 'Best I Ever Had'


Trying to figure this damn story out has given me a headache!

Drake's "Best I Ever Had" has come under fire since pictures of Kia Shine winning some BMI Awards for his part of the song.

Kia Shine called into Angela Yee on Shade 45 to clear up the Copyright issues going on between him and Drake.



Since then, Drake has went to his blog to talk about the copyright issue.

"There have been questions posed to me the last few days about the writing of 'Best I Ever Had' and I figured I'd take the time to clear the air directly," he wrote Thursday (September 17) night. "I have never met Kia Shine or worked with him. I wrote the entire composition in Toronto and I borrowed one line from a Lil Wayne song that he produced the BEAT for. The claims of 25% ownership are false and for a artist to brag about splits on a song is distasteful to begin with."
All I can say is 'Men Lie. Women Lie. Numbers Don't!

No comments: