Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yoooo! Did You Hear: Jay Z Scared Of Drake?

Is this another example of Jay Z being shady, or was Jay Z worried that newcomer, Drake, would outshine him on his own record?

Timbaland has spoken out about "Off That," his The Blueprint 3 collaboration with Jay-Z and Drake, saying that Hov intentionally excluded a verse from the newly signed Young Money artist.

According to Timbo, he suggested having Drizzy drop 16 bars on the record.

"I'm out there more than he is," Tim said in an interview. "I know what the kids want...That's what I bring to the table. I bring that umph outta him. Listen to the album. I bring something outta him...You gotta ask him [why the verse is gone]. It should have been [on there]...But I thought, to me, we took [Drake] out of his element. But he said that was good to him. I said, 'Oh, sh*t, let's go back and get him in the verse.' But that ain't my project. If it was up to me to redo it, I'd redo it that way. (MTV)"

So, do you think Jay Z was afraid to be outshined or it's just a coincidence?

No comments: