Monday, September 28, 2009

Nas To Be Named The Next President At Def Jam?


After rumors surfaced that Nas was offered the President spot over at Def Jam, the truth is finally out!

During a recent TVBlog, Nas talks about the offer.


"Yes and no," Nas said about being offered the presidency. "I don't know what's in store for the future. I'm happy to do whatever makes sense. I would love to add on and help hip-hop, I feel Def Jam is a great label for hip-hop music but I feel they could be doing a lot more for hip-hop, that's what it's about. Obviously people they have, have their own agendas and own direction and I respect that too. I think I can add on but I don't know, at this point and time, I'm just taking it day-by-day, I'm not getting too caught up into all of that."


In related news, Nas said that he is scared to put out any new music at this time!

Speaking at the Orange Rock Corps event in London Nas revealed:

“This is a record that right now I’m scared of making y’know cos, I don’t know what’s gonna happen as far as I don’t know what I’m gonna say. I feel like I’ve put so much of my personal life out there. I feel like I’m one of the guys you don’t really hear about him on paparazzi/fan magazines all the time. But (now) I just feel like my life is so much out there that it’s kinda like, man, I don’t even know how to put it in words how I feel about putting this record together. I’m a little nervous to tell you the truth, that’s all I can say.”


Asked directly if he was nervous about his personal life being publicised the rapper said:

“Yeah a little bit of that and a little bit of I wanna do so well, I don’t wanna let people down and I definitely want to put out something that is true to me. Maybe people think I’m tripping out, but it’s not the case, I really have to be in the right head space so hopefully I’ll get it done and it’ll come out soon.”

No comments: