Monday, April 27, 2009

Tony Yayo & Lloyd Banks Dropped; Rick Ross Offers Label Deal


Maybe Rick Ross does have a heart, or maybe he is just feeling sorry for G-Unit's Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo. Word is that they have been dropped from Interscope.


Via SOHH

With his album Deeper Than Rap finally hitting store shelves, Rick Ross has continued his G-Unit taunts, claiming Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo have been dropped from Interscope Records.

Ross addressed his post-battle with G-Unit, while offering to be their boss.

"You asking me do I feel responsible that Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo is dropped from Interscope," Ross said in an interview. "I'm not gonna take full responsibility but I just believe Jimmy Iovine and all the geniuses at Interscope, I think they understand that their career with music is over. As well as 50 Cent's...Everybody telling me I did it, thanks. But honestly, they did it, they did it to themselves...It's sad when you get dropped and you working with [Dr.] Dre...I'ma pull up their BDS, I know their last album, T.O.S. flopped, I think it sold 15,000 copies its first week or something close to that, I'ma pull up their BDS and make an offer...I might get 'em a situation on Haitian Mafia...Interscope won't sign you, Def Jam won't sign you. Pretty much, go to E1 [formely Koch Records] if we offer you something."



Ranting against Interscope last week, New York City deejay Funkmaster Flex also hinted at Banks and Yayo being off the label.


"Let me tell you something Nino, New York I'm talking to a person who makes decisions, who does things up there moving funny style," Flex said on his radio show about an Interscope employee. "Interscope Records, nothin' is spinning...From what I understand, I think Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo arent on that label anymore, it's just 50 Cent. And I think 50's deal is up there. 50, from what I hear, your deal is up at Interscope, we got you. I'd walk out that building after that."

No comments: