Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Eminem On T.I. & Weezy "Things Are Looking Alot Better Now"


Eminem has dished out his thoughts on hip-hop's current rap stars Lil Wayne and T.I. citing their emcee skills as beneficial to the genre.

Featured in the June XXL Magazine, Em speaks on his past drug addiction and the impact of Tip and Weezy on the rap game.


"I wasn't ready to give up drugs," Em explained. "I didn't really think I had a problem...I felt like I wanted to pull back, because my drug problem had got so bad. I felt like, maybe if I take a break, maybe this will help. I started to get into the producer role more...I stayed up on the music...and without naming any name, it just felt like hip-hop was going downhill...But with this new T.I. album, with this new Lil Wayne album of recent, it seems like things are looking a lot better now. You can appreciate Lil Wayne using different words to rhyme and actually rhyming words that you know. Or T.I., where you hear sh*t and you're like Whoa, ah, I wish I would have thought of that! You know what I mean? Or you hear all the compound-syllable rhyming and all that. It just seems like now the craft is getting cared about more."

Em recently made headlines after becoming a no-show for a Snoop Dogg concert last week.
Because of the bad weather, Dr. Dre's security detail got into a car accident, and the rapper was advised not to attend without bodyguards. Eminem's reasoning was slightly more junior-high. "Since Dre couldn't make the concert, Eminem didn't want to perform either," an insider told New York's Daily News. To make it up to his longtime pal, Dre plans on performing at a private club gig for 200 guests next month.

2 comments:

GL0 said...

why he look creepy as hell on the cover??

and i love his song "We Made You" ..he bashin on EVERYBODY! aha

Just Kelson said...

He looks scary...and at first I didnt know who the hell or what character he was going for-but then i realized it, The Punisher!