Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jadakiss Celebrates Selling Over 100K, "I Told You So



Jadakiss has expressed his thoughts on selling more than 100,000 copies of his Def Jam debut The Last Kiss, claiming the record label underestimated him.



Along with sharing his thoughts, Kiss revealed how his longevity helped keep him relevant to the public.


"I ain't know what to expect now with the way the game is," Kiss said in an interview. "But I know I got a core fanbase. I don't think Def Jam expected that, so now we gotta get on the same page. I will say that's a great number for the climate and the way the music industry is right now and that's without a big hit at radio...I got longevity, that's why I got legs...It's always good when you can say I told you so. It's always good when you get the last laugh. But I'm just happy to be embraced after all these years, 'cause hip-hop fans' ears change hourly. I'ma be here for a while."



If you missed the Urban Informer interview with Jadakiss, Listen Here

No comments: