Thursday, July 23, 2009

Whitney Houston's 'I Look To You' Listening Party

The other nite I went up to NYC for the Whitney Houston 'I Look To You' Listening party presented by Clive Davis and Arista Records.

The Lincoln center was full of Radio, TV Programmers, and the Music Elite. Guest included Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Dionne Warwick, Gayle King, Steve Harvey-just to name a few. Bobbi Kristina and other family members were on hand to support.



After Clive played 9 tracks from the album, which included songs written and produced by Star Gate, Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, R. Kelly, Akon, and others, the room's backdrop rose up (which gave a pretty overview of New York's Manhattan area), and out comes Whitney!







Out of the songs I've heard, I must say that i LOVED 3 of them: Million Dollar Bill (which was written and produced by Keys and Swizz), Salute (R. Kelly), and it was this other ballad near the end-FIYAH! She even did a cover of a Donnie Hathaway song.



So after the Listening Party was the Dinner & AfterParty that guest in attendance included more Radio & TV personalities, and Programmers, Radio Exec, Debra Lee, Stephen Hill, Monica (who played tracks from her new album and spoke to everyone...I was ready to take Monica on a date after we talked but I didn't want any problems with Rocko, lol), K'Michelle, Keyshia Cole (who made a brief entrance) and a slew of others.


Whitney's album, I Look To You, drops in September!

No comments: