Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dixon 'Regrets' Putting City Through Trial


Today at 3pm, Baltimore's Mayor, Sheila Dixon held a press conference since being found guilty by a jury on Tuesday of one count of fraudulent misappropriation by a fiduciary -- a misdemeanor embezzlement charge -- for using gift cards for herself that were meant to go to needy city children.(WBAL TV)

“I am reflecting on the trial’s outcome, talking with advisors, and reviewing my options. I understand that the trial has engendered a range of strong feelings among citizens who, like me, love Baltimore City. I deeply regret that the citizens of Baltimore have had to go through this ordeal with me.

While I recognize that the issues before me go beyond the courtroom, my attorneys have advised me to limit my comments while the legal process continues.

In the meantime, my administration and I will continue to do the people’s business without interruption, and we will continue to act in the best interests of the City.”

No comments: