Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chris Brown's 'Famous Girl'


My boy Sam over there at That Grape Juice previewed Chris Brown's new album Graffiti on his website. The album drops in the U.S. on the 8th of December!

After checking out the preview, 'Famous Girl', stuck out to me like a sore thumb!

It is the lyrically explosive ‘Famous Girl’, however, that is undeniably the album’s centre-piece and will have MANY tongues wagging. The song’s sparse production allows for the illumination of its lyrical content – which is explicitly aimed at a certain Rihanna (yes you read right, and will want to read on!) The reflective mid-tempo sees Brown acknowledge his fault in the relationship breaking down, however there are quite shocking revelations levelled up against his one-time love. Lyrics include:


Drake would say you’re the best he ever had…everywhere we go, rumours follow…yet I still love you” // “should have known you’d break my heart” // “…you were the first to play the game…though I was wrong for cheating in the beginning ” // “I was wrong for writing Disturbia”.


My boy Chris is hurting for real! I can't wait to hear what he has to say ABC’s 20/20on December 11th. While Brown has been vague about the incident in past sit-downs, ABC is billing this as an in-depth interview.

No comments: