Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sade Listening Party


My Urban Informants are always working, and ready to bring me exclusive. My informant, Leo B, was out in LA for the Sade Listening Party. This is what he reports...


"Last night I attended the LA listening party for Sade's new album "Soldier of Love" presented by Sony Music Group. In attendance was Jaleel White(Family Matters), Manny(Keyshia Cole's manager), Big Boy (Radio Personality) and Rondell Sheridan(That's So Raven) to name a few.

The event was held at The Montage Beverly Hills on their 9th floor terrace/lounge with a breathtaking view of the Hollywood Hills.

The album is classic Sade. We all know and love tracks like "Kiss of Life", "Smooth Operator", and "The Sweetest Taboo". This album gives you that classic Sade vibe but with a twist. Her voice soothes, her melodies groove, and her lyrics are filled with those ideas of love that are missing from a lot of our music today.

My favorite track is 'Skin'. The beat comes in hard, and Sade carries the song to the end. Her voice is an instrument. This album is exactly what we need right now, an alternative about real love.

Sade's "Soldier of Love" will be available in the US Feb. 9th, 2010! I'll be in line for my copy, hope to see you there too!"


No disrespect, but Leo can have mine. I don't think I would even try to get the bootleg!

No comments: