Monday, January 4, 2010

Gilbert Speaks On Gun Situation-"It Was All A Joke"

Washington Wizards' Gilbert Arenas met with federal prosecutors to discuss why he had guns in his locker at the Verizon Center.



In a statement released earlier today, Arenas said:

"I had kept the four unloaded handguns in my house in Virginia, but then moved them over to my locker at the Verizon Center to keep them away from my young kids."

Arenas said he believed it was legal to store the guns in the District of Columbia. He said he took the guns out of his locker "in a misguided effort to play a joke on a teammate."


"Joke or not, I now recognize that what I did was a mistake and was wrong. I should not have brought the guns to DC in the first place, and I now realize that there's no such thing as joking around when it comes to guns - even if unloaded."
Arenas is now facing an almost definite form of punishment.

I guess they don't call it "gun-play" for nothing. He couldn't find a better excuse than blaming his kids as to why he brought the guns to work! Really?? Did they buy that? This not going to end up good for Arena's or his teammate.

It seems that this situation is overshadowing the situation with his fiance' messing around with Shaq, and how he is getting all of his kids tested! Whew, Arenas...you got alot going on!

No comments: