Friday, October 9, 2009

Urban Quickies: Jay Z, Snoop Dogg, Tiny, and more!

Everybody loves a quickie every now and then....so let's jump right into it!

Jay-Z's North American tour kicks off tonight at Penn State University. Wale joins him on the jaunt, which will make 24 stops at a mix of college campus arenas and traditional venues. The tour wraps up November 22nd in Austin, Texas.


Snoop Dogg guest stars on tonight's episode of the new FOX sitcom Brothers, starring Michael Strahan and Daryl "Chill" Mitchell. Snoop tells AllHipHop.com,
"I'm their cousin that shows up, not supposed to but by accident. I went to jail once upon a time and came up on some things. I got my literature together, and now I'm a lawyer that represents my cousin Mike who's a football player trying to get his money back. I'm like the New Age Johnnie Cochran, with some pimp moves."



BET has renewed Tiny and Toya for a second season. (Runs to cancel his cable subscription) Tiny, who's still close with Xscape member Kandi Burruss -- says Burruss is "doing as to be expected," following the death of her former fiance Ashley "AJ" Jewell. She also is confirming rumors that once she dated Jewell herself.
"I did date him years ago and he was a cool guy, but I really don't wanna comment on what kind of man he was because I'm in a relationship that I respect to the fullest."

Tiny cleared that up REAL quick. She don't want to piss Tip off. She know Tip would have cancelled christmas with the QUICKNESS


With his debut disc Thank Me Later not due until next year, Drake says he'll likely release a few more mixtapes in the meantime. He tells MTV,
"I'm working every day, and...I get all the requests like, 'Oh, we can't wait to hear you and Jay[-Z] spit together, and we need another mixtape'... Sometimes you have to listen to them and give them what they want. So, that's my goal."

Drake says of his forthcoming debut,
"It's going to be a very interesting record because I'm really going to have to dig deep and tell stories that people can relate to. But it's kind of hard, because my life is at a very different place now."

I guess it is really in a different place now. First you were walking and you didn't want to follow your doctor's advice, and now your sitting!

No comments: