Sunday, August 2, 2009

Slum Village's Baatin, Dead At 35!

It's always sad when you loose someone! Earlier Saturday morning, I was getting messages from you guys asking me was it true that Baatin of Slum Village had passed. After doing my detective duties, I found out that it was true.


By: Miles Bennett

Slum Village member, Baatin, has died at the age of 35.

While details surrounding his death are unknown, the group's tour manager Tim Maynor confirmed rumors to Michigan's MLive.com on Saturday (August 1).

Rumors spread amongst the internet early Saturday morning, with artists such as 9th Wonder and Dwele posting "rest in peace messages" via their Twitter pages.

"RIP Baatin of Slum Village -- let's celebrate our people while they are here ... we are losing folks," 9th Wonder wrote.

"R.I.P. Baatin of Slum Village forever," wrote singer Dwele on his page.

The group had been on the road, performing on the Rock The Bells North American Tour Festival. Their last show took place at New York's Jones Beach Theater on July 19, and a stop in Vancouver, Canada is taking place Saturday (August 1).

My prayer and thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans! I'm not gonna get to churchy on you guys, but its time that we thank GOD for every moment! Plus we need to learn to celebrate each other while their living!

No comments: