Friday, June 12, 2009

Urban Informer Quickies: Tyrese, Drama At The BET Awards, Bow Wow, R. Kelly


Tyrese wants you to get tatted up with his name. "I love seeing my name on a woman's butt," the buff singer/actor and "Transformers" star, who sports 70 tattoos himself, tells Inked magazine. "Ladies, if you want to impress me when you meet me, I need to see my name on your right cheek." He adds: "Girls have had tattoos of my face. One girl went and got her ass tattooed on her right arm . . . It's important to keep things tasteful." (Kels Sidebar: If he don't take his ass back to the back of that bus, drink that Coca Cola and have a seat).



Bow Wow is opening his mouth again. This time to let everyone know who his BFF is. "Chris is my best friend, that's my little dude. I hold him down. I think the media, when they took hold of it being that was the first time they just seen him and made a whirl wind." Bow Wow says bro's before hoe's. "The business is business, [his case] don't faze me. Friendships and best friends means more to me. So if he want me to be there for him, I'll be there. I don't really know Rihanna." Sorry Omarion!



Black Wall Street leader The Game recently updated fans on the process of his forthcoming The R.E.D. Album and challenged rappers to a weekly mixtape stand-off this summer. "This summer, it ain't a n*gga that's gonna out-mixtape me," Game said in an interview. "I'm dropping a mixtape every week. It ain't gonna be like no bullsh*t mixtape sh*t. I'm dropping mixtapes that sound better than people's albums. The first one is gonna be the Bloody Thumb with the red thumb print on the front."



Fabolous, Young Jeezy and Mary Mary have been added to the BET Awards '09 lineup that already includes platinum-selling artists Kanye West, Beyonce, The Dream, Soulja Boy, Ne-Yo, Maxwell and Jay-Z. Queen Latifah, Taraji Henson, Sherri Shepherd, Idris Elba, Paula Patton and Solange Knowles will also make appearances as presenters, the network announced Wednesday. Speaking of the BET Awards, Im hearing there's a little shade going on. Word is that BET wants LeToya to perform at the awards, but Matthew Knowles is threatening to pull Beyonce from the show if LeToya performs in any aspect.



Now that Kelly Rowland has a new manager -- Jeff Rabhan, who also manages Kelis and Michele Branch -- she's sharing more about her split with former manager Matthew Knowles. Rowland tells celebrity columnist Chris Yandek, "I just felt like I wasn't growing anymore. It took a long time to actually come up with the final decision because it was something that you think about before when you feel like you're almost hitting a ceiling. I wanted a change. I needed a change."


R. Kelly is joining the already crowded September release roster -- his 14th studio disc is reportedly set to hit stores that month. Originally titled 12 Play: Fourth Quarter, the set will now be called Untitled. The first single is slated to be a re-worked version of the raunchy "Number-One Sex."

No comments: