Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jay Z To Takeover The 2009 BET Awards


When he comes out, there isn't anything you can do but stand back and let him do his thing! With the release of his 'Blueprint 3' album on September 11, Hov is set to start his promotional run. First stop-The 2009 BET Awards

BET announced yesterday that Jay-Z will be added to the lineup of performers for the June 28 BET Awards.

Jay Z joins his wife Beyonce, as well as Kanye West, the Dream, Maxwell, Ne-Yo and others on the performance roster. Queen Latifah will also host an afterparty broadcast immediately following the live ceremony.


He recently stopped by The Angie Martinez show on Hot 97 and announced that he is planning a concert to celebrate his upcoming album "Blueprint 3" on the Sept. 11 date of its release.

“It’s the date the first one came out and it was a horrible date in our history. I have a wonderful idea for a show, proceeds are gonna go to charity. You know, just bring it full circle. I have a historic venue in mind, I’m gonna bring some artists out. It’s gonna be big.”


He also talked about what is up with him NOT cutting his hair (a question we've all wondered what in the hell was going on).

“When I make music, I normally don’t cut my hair,” Jay explained “I started [working on Blueprint 3] last year and it’s getting really bad. It’s terrible. But I think for the art, I can live with it. A lot of girls kind of like,” he added, joking. “So I’m trying to hold onto it. I’m trying to elongate the album.”

No comments: