Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lil Kim Dances Her Last Dance


Lil Kim can put those dancin' shoes back under her bed, and put the clothes back in her closet because her run on 'Dancing With The Stars' has come to an end.



Via SOHH


The Brooklyn-bred emcee was forced to leave the program while four other dancing contestants were "saved" due to fans' voting.


Clustered at the top of the leaderboard last night were Melissa Rycroft with 57, and Gilles Marini and Shawn Johnson with 56. Lil Kim, who stumbled a few times during her waltz, lingered at 52. And then there was Ty Murray, way down there with 46. The 34 year-old songstress consistantly scored high through most of the season, but viewers apparently put their votes elsewhere Monday night.


Kim previously expressed her gratitude for being on the show despite not winning.


"I think this is one of the greatest experiences I've ever experienced in my life," the wee rapper managed to say once the audience's collective murmur of disapproval had faded. "I think I brought different viewers [to the show...I love you, too," Kim said, responding to the crowd's cheers.


So for Kim, now it's time to get back to the music. She stopped by Q'Deezy's radio show and talked about how 'DWTS" did put a strain on her comeback album.


"Never, music is in my heart and that's the reason I'm on 'Dancing With The Stars' because I've always felt music," Kim said about abandoning music. "Right after 'Dancing With The Stars' [new album is coming.] My schedule is so crazy with 'Dancing With The Stars.' We rehearse six to eight times, from eight hours a day, so it's like, I do have time on the weekends to go into the studio and when I do, I do a little bit. I have a song out right now with T-Pain...I'm about to do a mixtape with my people, it's gonna be called Lil Kim: Family & Friends...And I'm paying for the music videos."

3 comments:

bmoretrina said...

Yea I thought she would make it to the top three she really surprised me the chick can dance. Ty Murray should have went home he was a hot mess but that's what you get when you leave it up to America to vote.

Anonymous said...

yea she did really good..i was shocked cause i thought she was going to be really bad..but after her first dance i was like ok she might be working with something!! needless to say im done watching it for the season

Fashion Citizen said...

I'm def disappointed my girl is gone, but paying for videos when she owes all them taxes...hmmmmm