Saturday, March 8, 2008

FANTASIA AND OPRAH BRING 'COLOR PURPLE' BACK TO HOLLYWOOD


(Color Purple Voice)" I guess when Harpo calls, you 'pose to run!" Even though Fantasia said that playing Ms. Celie in 'The Color Purple' on Broadway took alot out of her mentally and emotionally, she will do it again for Oprah.

Oprah tapped to star in the second movie adaptation of 'The Color Purple' following her stint as Celie in the Broadway version of show last year:

“We haven’t started yet because I’m going to work on my album. I think it’s fair that I committed myself, and promised that after I finish going on a tour, I’ll be ready to come back and commit myself to Miss Celie again,” Fantasia explained. “I miss my music”

So impressed with her command of the role, Oprah & Co. are going to wait for Fantasia to be ready before moving ahead with the movie to musical to movie musical adaptation, the singer beamed. “They’re going to work with me. They don’t have to [but] that’s a favor,” Fantasia said.

“Working with someone like Miss Oprah who’s so talented and amazing - It’s a blessing.”

No comments: